Top Beach Essentials
By Courtney Murray
The Emerald Coast is named after the stunning green hue of the Gulf of Mexico. The waters are clear for as far as the eye can see and the warm waves wash up on the sugar-white sandy shores. The laid back lifestyle is perfect for nature enthusiasts with a plethora of watersport and outdoor activities to try out. If relaxing is more your speed, these beaches provide the ideal location to recharge your batteries and refresh your mind and body. Whether you’re a year round beach bum or a vacationer just stopping by, you will need some beach essentials. Take a look at our list of items that will provide you with a day of fun in the sun. Come get a little sand in your shoes and sunshine in your soul on the beaches of the Emerald Coast.
Folding Beach Blanket: Ditch the towel and invest in a folding multi-purpose beach blanket. These are the ideal place to lounge, easy to clean by simply brushing off the sand and with water resistance. These blankets fold up into a small package with a convenient handle that you can toss into your bag and always have one on hand.
- Waterproof Speaker: The barnacle speaker by Speaqua fits the lifestyle of the beach bum perfectly. It is waterproof, floatable, fully dust/sand proof and shock resistant. This little cutie has a unique suction cup bottom that sticks to any smooth surface. With an attachment to use on your bicycle handles, you can take this pocket-sized ball of fun with you everywhere you go.
- His and Her Coolers: A soft-sided cooler will become your best friend at the beach. The Polar Bear Cooler can hold an entire 24 pack, talk about a Sunday Funday for you and your friends! Lilly Pulitzer makes adorable soft-sided coolers in a variety of patterns and designs that will keep your food and drinks at the perfect temperature.
Beach Tent/Umbrella: Nothing says you just got back from vacation like a good suntan but you need some protection from those hot rays. In comes the world’s best beach and sun umbrella shelter, the Cool Cabana. Its simple design is easy to set up and is so stylish too.
- Sunscreen: Protecting your skin while at the beach is key. No need to have white streaks across your body and face, Supergoop brings style to skincare. You can apply your SPF with mineral makeup, mist, balms and even mousse.
Sunglasses: Sunglasses provide both eye protection and endless style opportunities. You can take an ordinary outfit to extraordinary with the right pair of lenses. Rayban Wayfarers are always a classic design for men. If you’re looking to stand out, Quay Australia makes a variety of shape and size glasses that are both trendy and unique for women.
- Yeti Cup: No beach trip is complete without sipping an ice-cold beverage on the shores. Whether you enjoy a beer or a cold brew coffee, the YETI mugs are the perfect source to drink from. Their “no sweat” design will keep your drink cold for hours and is even customizable with your favorite team or monogram.
- Beach Bag: If you’re looking for the ultimate beach tote to bring when visiting the Emerald Coast, invest in an L.L. Bean boat and tote bag. Made of heavy-duty cotton canvas this tried and true bag has been hand made in Maine since 1944 and is a classic for a reason.